Join a cutting edge organisation as we change how our food is produced, for good.
As a Software Engineer at Lumachain, you will be developing software to support our computer vision-based Artificial Intelligence platform in a highly collaborative environment. This is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of a global company, leading the way in the latest technology that is experiencing hypergrowth, including Australia, the US, Europe and Asia.
About the Role
Reporting to the Technical Lead or Senior Software Engineer, you will have strong technical skills and will also be a strong cultural fit for our organisation. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Actively participating in all Agile Scrum development ceremonies.
- Working as part of a team to understand, breakdown, size and implement user stories.
- Consulting on designs to identify and reduce complexity wherever possible, while considering desired qualities from requirements (robustness, performance, re-usability, etc).
- Following Lumachain’s coding practices and design patterns.
- Providing constructive guidance to your peers in software development.
- Meeting required standards of quality, including efficiency, maintainability, reliability, and terseness and fitness for purpose.
- Testing programs appropriately during and after construction, balancing testing efforts according to the risk of changes, and using appropriate testing techniques.
- Responding to production issues as required.
- Using development tools effectively – we use Visual Studio Code, JIRA, Git, Azure Devops, etc.
- Keeping the team informed of progress, escalating issues appropriately when roadblocks are reached, and managing time efficiently.
- C# / .NET Core
- ASP.NET Web API’s
- Azure DevOps
About the Organisation
Our vision is a trusted, efficient and safe global food supply chain. Our platform tracks individual items of food, from farm to fork, including its provenance and condition as it moves through the supply chain, with an initial focus on proteins. We are also doing extensive work within food processing facilities, working with some of the largest meat, food and retail companies in the world to ensure those working environments are efficient and safe, both for the product and employees. Lumachain’s platform incorporates world-first, patented Computer Vision AI, as well as an enterprise-grade software platform, IoT devices and blockchain.
At Lumachain, we’re passionate about digitally transforming the protein industry, and becoming the global technology standard within it. We work at a high tempo, embrace ambiguity, and love solving big challenges. We are one team, that collaborates across geographies and functional areas. Our workforce is global, and we embrace and celebrate diversity.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a global business as it begins its journey to scale up and capture the market. Lumachain is led by Jamila Gordon, CEO and Founder, recipient of the AI Innovator of the Year in the 2021 Women in Artificial Intelligence Awards, named on the BBC’s global ‘100 Women’ list for 2021, and the 2020 NSW Entrepreneur of the Year.